Terms and Conditions
COVID-SAFE EVENT PLAN SUMMARY:
In the event that due to COVID the event is cancelled all registered participants will be given the option of a refund or transfer to the 2024 event.
DO NOT ATTEND THE EVENT if you:
- display any COVID symptoms or are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a COVID case or suspected COVID case within the last 14 days
- have returned from overseas or a designated COVID hotspot within the last 14 days
- we ask that everyone attending the event to download and use COVIDsafe app on their mobile phone
I/We hereby apply for entry to the Warrandyte Community Bank Run Warrandyte (“Event”). In so applying and in consideration of my/our application for entry to the Event being accepted I/we acknowledge and agree that (for competitors under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must also make this declaration):
- ”RW” for the purposes of this declaration means and includes all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in the promotion or staging of the Warrandyte Community Bank Run Warrandyte Fun Run.
- If accepted I/we will be permitted to participate in the Event subject to my/our complying with the terms and conditions of the Event, this declaration and any reasonable direction issued by the Event organisers or their representatives.
- This document cannot be amended. If I/we do amend it my/our application will be null and void. It cannot be accepted by RW .
- Warning: Participation in the Event can be inherently dangerous. I/We acknowledge that I/we am/are exposed to certain risks during the Event including, but not limited to, overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, serious accidents, and course and weather conditions. Such risks may result in me/us being personally injured or killed or my/our property being damaged. I/We have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in the Event.
- I/We accept all risks and release the organiser, its agents, affiliates, sponsors, members, promoters and volunteers, and any persons or body, directly or indirectly associated with RW, from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of, or connected with my/our participation with RW and I/we indemnify them against all liability for all loss, injury or damage arising out of or connected with my/our participation in the Event.
- Fitness to Participate: I/We declare that I/we am/are and will continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Event. I/We am not and will not be a danger to myself/ourselves or to the health and safety of others. I/We have sufficiently trained for this Event and that my/our physical condition had been verified by a licensed medical doctor and that I/we agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of this Event.
- Use of image: I/We consent to the Event organisers using my/our name/s, image/s, likeness’ and also my/our performance in the Event, at any time, to promote the Event or any future similar events by any form of media.
- Use of email address: I/We consent to receiving electronic newsletter material from the Event organisers or their authorised representatives prior to and after the Event.
- Consent to medical treatment: I/We consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Event organisers or their authorised representatives consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event. I/We also agree to reimburse the Event organiser and RW for any costs or expenses incurred in providing me/us with medical treatment.
- Entries are non-transferable to other events or other people. Any attempt to transfer my/our entry to another person without the knowledge of RW may result in the cancellation of my/our entry without refund and I/we may not be permitted to participate in furt her RW events.
- Prevailing conditions: The Event and the conduct of, and participation in the Event may be affected by weather and associated conditions including fire danger ratings and total fire ban days. Given there is often an element of the “luck of the prevailing conditions” in entering and competing in the Event I/We acknowledge and agree the Event organisers cannot control the weather and associated conditions. I/We accept that in the event of extreme weather conditions RW reserves the right to alter the format of, shorten, or cancel the Event in the interest of competitor safety. I/We acknowledge that RW will use all reasonable efforts to conduct the Event in the planned format if safe to do so. I/We accept that in the event of an Extreme or Code Red fire danger day that the event will be cancelled. Should prevailing weather conditions force any change I/we accept that RW is not obliged to provide any refund to me/us, nor to provide a credit or transfer for m e/us to another RW event, nor to restage the Event, as weather and associated conditions are beyond the control of RW.
- I/We accept that my/our entry fees are non-refundable under any circumstance including any additional fees or costs associated with participation in the Event.
- I/We am/are fully responsible for the security of my/our personal possessions at the Event. RW will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
- RW has the right to close entries once the field cap has been reached regardless of the circumstances.
- No entries will be accepted on Event Day, unless specified by RW.
- To be eligible to participate in the Event I/we must be the relevant entry age at the time of the event. Age restrictions per event. 21km and 15km 16 years and over (Younger will be considered if accompanied by an adult 18+ years). 10km – 12 years and over. 5km and 2.2km 8 years and over (Younger if accompanied by an Adult 18 years +). Under 8 Kids Run – under the age of 8 years. Prizes will be awarded to participants based on the Event Distance, Age and Gun start, your time will be recorded by the official timing company on the day.
- RW reserves the right to withdraw any team that does not complete its team entry by the nominated completion date.
WARNING UNDER THE FAIR TRADING ACT 1999: Under the provisions of the Fair Trading Act 1999 (Vic) several conditions are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. These conditions mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you are –rendered with due care and skill; and as fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought as it is reasonable to expect in the circumstances; and reasonably fit for any particular purpose or might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier. Under section 32N of the Fair Trading Act 1999, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. If you submit this application, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Fair Trading Act 1999 if you are killed or injured because the services were not rendered with due care and skill or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in this form NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “Gross negligence” is defined in the Fair Trading (Recreational Services) Regulations 2004 This release continues forever and binds my/our heirs, successors, executors and personal representatives and assigns.
- I/We have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above declaration including the warning, exclusion of liability, release and indemnity. I/We acknowledge that if my/our application to enter the Event is successful I/we will be entitled to participate in the Event.