Waterbox SPONSORSHIP with RUN WARRANDYTE.
We are excited to announce our event partnership with the eco-friendly company Waterbox!
By using a plant-based alternative for packaging, it reduces fossil fuels as it is not made with petroleum oil. Petroleum oil is a fundamental ingredient used commonly for the production of plastics. This manufacturing material not only releases carbon dioxide in the atmosphere but increases the threat of global warming.
Using responsibly sourced material with less impact to our planet is fundamental to WATERBOX.
WATERBOX cartons have one of the lowest co2 footprints of all beverage packaging types in Australia. The same functionality as plastic but with a significantly reduced carbon footprint. On average, WATERBOX is 10x lighter than glass bottles resulting in less trucks on our roads reducing the impact on the environment. WATERBOX also has up to 40% less impact on climate change than traditional bottled water across its entire life-cycle. Let’s drink to that!
Being an eco-friendly event is super important to us and Waterbox will be providing water at the finish line in 2023.
For more information on this fantastic, eco-friendly product visit:
We love the beautiful State Park that our event is held in and are very lucky to be able to stage Run Warrandyte in such a location.
It’s important to us that The River that runs through our township and the surrounding Bush Lands are well looked after for future generations to enjoy. Conserving the environment around us and further afield is important to us.
This is the reason we are moving towards being an Eco Friendly – zero waste event.
What We Are Doing To Achieve This:
- Last year we reduced waste by going as paper free as we could.
- Show bags with advertising brochures were removed and all marketing was done online through social media, our website and our e-marketing newsletters.
- This year we will be using eco-friendly recycleable waterbox and encourage our runners to provide their own re-usable cups or drink bottles.
- All our food outlets are using Eco Friendly, Biodegradable cups and packaging.
- We encourage registration be done using the automated system online.
- Info packs are emailed and we encourage our runners not to print them (keep them on your phone or tablet).